Monday, August 4, 2008

no home...penned 7.21.08


***original artwork "priorities" by Jeremy Biggers ***

A good friend of mine gave me a poetic assignment...move my pen to the beat of that which is living in the street...so I did...like to read it? here it goes...


They see me sitting on the curb and cross the street…
Size me up, tattered clothes, dirty hair, shoeless feet…
Staying discreet…eyes don’t meet…I bake in sweltering heat…
Pretending that I’m not pissed off to see “decent” folks bow heads and retreat!
No one stops to ask, how I got in this position…
Maybe a war vet that came home to a cold US reception…
Couldn’t find a job, got robbed and fell into a dismal depression…
Might be a crack head that lost my way on the road to redemption…
Times got hard on the boulevard and I fell back into my addiction…
What if I was an eccentric millionaire testing society’s hidden affliction…
Exploring the latent prejudice of how we treat our street ridden…
But I’m not…
Got good sense, went to school…had no gun, pulled no trigger…
Playe the fool, thought it cool, labeled my self a ni99a…
Out on my own, life’s a b!tch, yeah she’s fine but she’ll trick ya…
Saw my life crash and burn through broken bottles of licka…
They took my kids, I lost my job, adversity never did stop…
I lost my will…numb and still…the curb is my pillow top…
The moon my night light…Sunrise alarm clock…
Can’t get a job because I don’t have an address with a door and a lock…
So I walk…F*CK!!!!
I got so much on my plate…
Everything I get is late…
Oscillating between self pity and hate…
Can’t seem to make this crooked life…straight…
Trying hard to see the silver lining…
Nimbus rains…pleasantry declining…
But I ain’t no whining…
Type of cat…just a woman with no design,
So I recline…and marinate on that…

© GOODENess 2008

5 comments:

(vixenchick) said...

That was beautiful.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

love that painting

Mr.Socialight said...

Very, very nice.

eysqueen said...

Love the poem.
Love the painting...both are inspiring me.

Anonymous said...

I love it..I knew you were a poet-ess from over at VSB. GO GIRL.