Thursday, April 24, 2008

INK...drawn 3.28.08


Got ink?
Those silent statements that make men think...
Each one a short story for those curious enough to ask "What's that and why?"...
To that inquiry, this piece serves as my standard reply...
Gye Nyame behind my right ear...
To remind mankind,
its only God that I fear...
An 8 inch Dragon in all Black, Black...
Behind my right shoulder,
he can always watch my back...
Enflamed Superman "S" behind me at back's base...
A gift for a lover that cannot be erased...
Super also epitomizes my strength...
Flames in sync with kryptonite's wavelength...
A single star on my butt cheek for no reason at all...
It covers my birthmark cuz I was born a star ya'll...
A testiment to music and our deep relationship...
Luvanmusiq is the symbol that graces my left hip...
The triple spiral, a Celtic symbol for womanhood's stages, so blessed...
Has been painted on the left to the left of my right breast...
Get right or get left!
Below that on the right side ribs dwells an Angel...
She's very special to me, although her existence is painful...
Left ankle holds a butterfly, a living tribute to my parent paternal...
In unique circumstance, gave this man a second chance, from it grew a bond eternal...
Another piece on my left foot to cover a scar...
What better way to do that than the Dallas Cowboy's star...
Right across on the right lives a Red Phoenix on my wrong foot...
I be, like she, emerging from rubble and soot...
Created when engulfed in flame...
Not to die, but to be born again...
Still I rise, stronger and more learned then before...
To fly on wings of life lessons and on successes I soar...
Too beautiful to ignore...
Each time needle meets flesh...
The reasons manifest...
Images chosen with meanings of depth...
Pictures with the power of speech like the hieroglyphs of Hotep...
A walking canvas of permanent expressions...
Of wisdom gained through learning life lessons...
Never to be forgotten, still worn when completely unclothed...
Adorned by ink that alludes to stories untold...

© GOODENess 2008

No comments: