Friday, December 14, 2007


Since January 1 is the first day of the year, we have drawn a connection between what we do on that day (or night) and our fate in the upcoming year… I have never been one to have a resolution or eat a tablespoon of black eyed peas or any of that… and 2007 has been a banner year for me… both bitter and sweet… so in an effort to "try something new" I thought to myself… self… you should start your year off differently this year, just because… participate in all the common holiday traditions associated with the end of the year in efforts to have a year like no other in 2008! So I had to make a mental list of the things that are usually done on New Year's Eve that I have NEVER done! I have started off the last 5 years in church, so what's the EXACT opposite of that? PARTYING!!!! lol… I have NEVER been OUT OUT on New Year's Eve... when I was married, I would get all dressed up cause the husband promised to take me out on the town, and he would be asleep before Dick Clark came on… I was disappointed every year for 10 years! So I started spending the New Year at church, and had a great time! In 2004, I went to church with my son, best friend and her son, after church we dropped the kids off and went to a house party... LOL... but I want to go OUT and bring in 2008 like they do on TV! And now that I think of it, I have never had a New Year's Kiss either! The thought behind the NYK is that it will insure that you have a romantically warm year… 2007 was a year of disappointment, discovery, and independence in the romance department and I like it like that… I learned A LOT! so I am not concerned about the warmness of my romantic climate… I just want to do the stuff that I never have... maybe I will just select a man at random in the club/venue/concert and let him know that he will be the lucky recipient of my first NYK… maybe I won't… who knows... just wanted to randomly ramble about how I am planning on starting the NEW YEAR? How will YOU celebrate 2008??

No comments: